Friday, September 11, 2009

Reality

Once again it seems that the season is shifting. I'm not sure that I can put my finger on anything that has actually changed, but I feel it. It's like there is a certainty that I can't explain. I thought that I would feel this when we got a job, began to move forward, or just, well, anything different began. But none of that has happened. But the certainty that I feel is deep within my spirit. As if it doesn't really matter if life begins to look easier or not, it's just there.

I have had a necklace that was symbolic about this past season. It was made by a prophetic jeweler. It was about transition, change, new wineskins, and birthing destinies. I have been wearing it for the past 9 months. And yesterday, in a prayer meeting, the Lord told me to take it off. He said that the new season has come. That the shift has happened. That it has been birthed. I believe this has happened spiritually. Even if it hasn't manifest in the natural....yet.

But when I went to take the necklace off, I noticed something. It was very difficult to take off. Yes, I have gotten attached to it......it was because it stood for the promises. Hope for the promises that lay so engrained within my heart. So taking off this symbol was like taking the promise off. And in doing that, admiting that the season has changed. 

Now, that doesn't sound so bad. The season has changed, but the truth is. It is often easier to hold on to the promises than to begin to live in them. It is the reality and the challenge of the shift. The promise is comfortable. Even in the yuck and despair of not having the promise yet, hope is still there. But in living from the promise, there seems to be so much weight to it. Now it is moving forward no matter what it looks like. Now it is facing the fear while advancing in love. Now it is pursuing the dreams.  And that is much scarier than living in the promise of them.

2 comments:

JenaClen said...

I am so there with you on this.

hannah said...

Thanks for speaking to my heart again Tai! I remember going through a season that "felt" full of unfulfilled promises. God began to show me that I was trying to hold on to the promise and not the Promise Maker. I often felt like Jonah who got mad at God bc He didn't do what He said He would do. But instead God had mercy and fulfilled another promise!