Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Call to Pray. .

Today while the kids were asleep, I turned on the TV and began to watch Oprah. (not my normal choice, but just landed there) Today she was interviewing a family where the little girl struggled with childhood schizophrenia. And this is rare since she is 7 years old. Her name is Jani. She has over 200 different friends that she sees and hears. She constantly talks about her other world. And many times she becomes violent on whover she is around. This past year she has already been hospitalize over 175 days in a phych ward. 


Now, why am I asking for prayer. It is more than just compassion. When I was watching the videos of her I began to see her fixate on another world. I believe she is a "seer." I believe the enemy is tormenting her. I hurt for her freedom, because for her there is no peace. Her mind never settles, and she rarely gets much sleep. She lives in a state of constant battle. A battle of 2 worlds, one which is real and one which is imaginatory. 

I began to wonder why this family is on Oprah. I know that Oprah likes to have her show be "enlightning" and such, but I believe it was on her show to bring awareness to this child. Now for many people awareness means nothing. But to the church, awareness should mean that we understand that there is a family functioning with no hope, very little joy, and that parents have had to lay freedom and dreams for their daughter down long ago.  

So now what? I am asking you to pray. I know that Jesus set free those who were tormented. That he gave hope to the hopeless. And that he brought freedom to the captive. Let's pray that someone with the love of Christ and the understanding of deliverance would be brought across their path. I know that Luke 4 and Matt 8 speak about those who were tormented with demons, and He set them free. Matt 10 says that Jesus gave us the commission of "Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy, drive out demons. Freely you have received, freely give." Let's press in to pray that this young girl would truly find freedom and peace with Jesus.

3 comments:

Abby said...

Amen and Amen.

A-lauf said...

I know the effects it takes on the famiy first hand. It takes a sense of humor from the holy spirit to get through the day. Ask me some time I'll tell you about it.

SarahBarahLarah said...

I see so much of this kind of thing in the foster system. Parents who have opened doors for the demonic to come in and torment their children. Prayer is so needed for wisdom of foster parents, foster agencies who claim the name of Christ, and most of all for the children who, if no one ever comes with truth to set them free with live their lives in bondage. LOVE YOU! Where 2 or more are in agreement!