Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Change....

What is it about change that makes people insecure.......

If someone else is changing, we almost instinctively become introspective in a manner that is usually unhealthy. And when we change, it seems to make others shrink back.

I am tired of it. I am tired of feeling like I have to hide my changes. (oh, of course we are talking about positive changes and situational changes....not the I started using drugs type of changes!!)

I mean it though. I am tired of feeling like I have to hide my changes as not to step on toes or hurt someones feelings. When we do this, it takes testimony out of the change. I want to speak forth the things the Lord is doing.....even if it leads to the uncomfortable silence or makes you question where you are standing. Maybe that is the whole point of this......If we were vocal about the changes, and I mean honestly vocal about them, then hopefully a cycle would be perpetuated. My change would lead you to question yourself. Which might lead you to change and to another testimony that causes someone else to change. And so on and so forth.

And the flipside of it is this.....I must stop psycho-analyzing and beating myself up when another person changes. Asking questions, healthy questions is not what I'm talking about. That is good and productive. But what is it about when you lose the last 10lbs that causes me to wonder why I am unsuccessful at it and what's wrong with me....blah blah blah, instead of being joyful with you for your change. That you finally made you mind up to do it and that you succeeded. 

I want to celebrate change with the Body of Christ. Unfortunately that may make me uncomfortable because when someone else makes a change based on the word of God to them.....it may not be the word of God to me. I want to trust the Holy Spirit and the work of the Lord.

And I want the Body of Christ to celebrate with me as well. Even if that means that I am the cause of the uncomfortable silence or the awkward pause. I want to press in to truly testify of the changes that I am experiencing and I want to do it even if that means our relationship changes............oh there's that word again.......