Saturday, August 8, 2009

Establishment

Transition is a funny thing.....

Ok let's qualify that statement. The Lion of Judah is running and He is asking us to run with him. The last season was a "just stand" (eph 6) season, but the season HAS shifted, and there is now an open invitation to run with the Lord. Run into the new movement. Run into your promises. Run into you destiny. And to do that....we must run through the transition.

However, the transition and the excitment of movement, as awesome as it is, is still rought with tough things. I enjoy being in a place where I am understood and known. But there is always an establishing that comes with transition. 

I remember that when my babies were born, there was always an establishing time. With Adie, it was about 6 months before I truly felt like life was back to normal. (however, when kids come...the old "normal" is gone!) It took less time with Kai, but there was still an establishing time.

So here we are in transition....and we are being established. Sometimes that process takes longer than we would like. When our spirits and hearts are connected immediately, we think that everything else should come with pure ease. 

And in truth....it does. That's His promise in transition. He does establish you. It's His nature to bring purpose and promise.  Only it sometimes takes longer than our hearts would like. But praise God, I know that when I am where He's at, He WILL establish me.

2 comments:

Hillarie Smith said...

Thank you for sharing this word! It is exactly the spot I am in right now and I needed the very timely encouragement your words bring.

A-lauf said...

Transition could be referred to as the "valley". Some just lay down in the valley, while those who flow with the transition "go through". Good word. Transition gives you a chance to use your faith perhaps.