Friday, August 14, 2009

Pharisees

Pharisees. Wow that word holds alot of punch with it, doesn't it? If you have ever been in a religious arena or read your bible for that matter, that word holds a specific connotation that is very charged. Pharisees. You can just feel it....

Anyways, the Lord brought these 2 questions by me today and they have had me thinking ever since. So here goes....

Who are you going to offend?

See, it is bound to happen. You can't please everybody, so who are you going to offend. The second question was....

Would you spend your time appeasing the people that Jesus offended?

In a season of casting vision for myself, I am pondering many questions. So these 2 came at the perfect time. Jesus offended the Pharisees and touched the rest of the world. If my actions are going to offend someone, then I want the right people offended.

I am not suggesting that we purposely go and offend the religious, but I don't want to run from offense either. I want to walk as Jesus walked...loving, freeing, delivering......and He did it in a way that didn't seem to fit what the religious thought of as the "right way to handle things."

With recently having been established in my identity deeper, and having had performance cast off of me, I feel that I have been dealing with a good portion of my fear of man issues. So now these questions have helped my resolve to walk forward without apologies.......chasing my Jesus and the way that He transformed the world.


p.s. -- silly side note -- I think the English word for Pharisees is ironic. phari - (sees) --- when they obviously didn't see!!

No comments: