Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Foxes

Why is it that the enemy does so many little things in the midst of change? So many of the things that you can normally just blow off just seem to happen at a much faster rate. 

It's like the 2 year old pushes more buttons, the 8 month old puks (a mini puke) all over your clothes.....several times, the new job possibility falls through, the air conditioner breaks, and you still have weeds in the new grass out the wa-zoo. 

It reminds me of Song of Solomon where it says "Catch for us the little foxes that run the vineyards, our vineyards that are in bloom."  (S.S.2:15) This is the Lover speaking to the Beloved. We are the Beloved. It is Jesus telling us to catch the little foxes....to stop the little annoyances from stealing our life. Because life IS going to go forward, and if you don't stop the foxes, your joy, your hope, and/or your faith will suffer. And maybe more importantly, your fruit, the grapes in your vineyards, may get ruined. And it is YOUR responsibility to catch the foxes. 

So what does that mean.....I mean these foxes....these circumstancial things that I have no control over keep happening.  I think it means to stop them from stealing your place in the heavenlies. Catch them....stop letting them mess with your fruit....the fruit of peace, patience, and kindness.....and the whole gamet of the Galatians fruit of the spirit.

And the best part of all of this is that the inferred thing is that the foxes only come when the vineyard is in bloom! See, we've crossed over. No turning back. We're heading to take our promises. We have shaken off the old cycles and are moving in the new wineskin. We are running with the Lion of Judah, and we are not afraid to take risks. So of course the foxes would come now....when we are advancing the kingdom in our little world and the big one around us. So praise God....we are advancing enough that the enemy thought he needed to send foxes. Praise God we are not stuck in the same pattern we used to live in. Praise God.

So what did I do today to catch my foxes? I let redemption come for the day. I jumped on the trampoline with my 2 year old until she remembered that mom can be fun. I fed my 8 month old m & m's til I got way too many smiles to care if he puk-ed again. Then I hung out on the patio with my husband just getting connected. So the foxes from today have been rounded up and put down and redemption has come in the promise that change and fruit has arrived.

4 comments:

trish said...

This really made me think strategy. Identification of foxes. Pattern of said foxes. Baiting foxes and sending them back to the pack they belong to. I appreciate your perspective sooo much. I am grateful to have you in my blog life. I would love to know you more in real life. I am blessed by you!

Unknown said...

That is fabulous!!! My fox today and tomorrow will by my time. Busy lifes, we seem to bypass what is truly important in a day. Thanks for the great "spirit food"!!

Unknown said...

I needed to read this today. Thanks!

Jennifer Lynn said...

I am loving your blog. Foxes really spoke to me. Thanks! Thanks for sharing what God is doing in your life!
Love you,
Jennifer Haynes Lynn